1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Project Runway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Nov 14, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd just like to say that they're just now getting to the finale of season 3 here. Fuck Bravo! My time zone deserves timely showing of the new season too, dammit!

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Please revoke my man-card right now, but I watched (again) about 8 episodes from Season 3 during the all-day marathon leading up to tonight's premiere. Then I tried to follow what was going on in the premiere as deadline approached at work, but kept getting distracted.

I'm still pissed transplanted Nazi Uli Herzner didn't win last year's competition.

Fabulous show. Now I feel like I must find an episode of "Survivorman" or "Man vs. Wild" to restore my masculinity.

3. sportschick

Does Mythbuster restore your masculinity? Cause I've got it on now.

I did not like the winning dress tonight. It her boob look like it hung down to her belly button.

I really liked the black dress with the big metallic flower on it, even though the model couldn't raise her arms.

4. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Is Kari Byron on that episode of "Mythbusters"? I became a fan the day they made a replica of her ass for the "Stuck on an Airline Toilet" myth.

Nah, I should be OK, SC. There's a John Wayne flick on AMC right now - I think it's the one where they're fighting oil well fires. Testosterone level rising already.

5. sportschick

Kari's on every episode these days. . .

Glad to hear you're getting your testosterone back up :D

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love how one dress with a flower was "MOB"-ish, according to Kors, but the other was awesome.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My winner: Chris and the purple dress!

[​IMG]

My loser: Christian. It was Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots meets Burberry knockoff. "Tailored"?? You've got to be f'ing kidding me. It fit horribly - look at the skirt near her waist! As usual Tim Gunn had it right.

[​IMG]

The guy who won looks to be a great designer. But I agree with UT. One boob was accentuated, one boob was masked. Not a good look for a woman.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I fell asleep last night and missed it. I'm sure it will be on plenty over the next week.

I don't need another character like Jeffrey. Guy was the biggest douche I've seen on a reality show since Chicago Kyle.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm just catching up on this...

Like most of you, I agree about Chris' dress. It was clearly the best. And the comedy of watching him run was great. I was wondering, though, if Jay (Season 1 winner) was watching somewhere pissed that Chris stole his gimmick as the fat, gay, wacky, smart alleck who smokes and can make the hell out of his clothes but retains just enough of his own style to impress the judges.

It was obvious to me, right from the first 1/2 hour, that Simone was going home. The sew job on her dress was wack as hell. It looked, practically, like something I could have done. And I knew they weren't going to send the crazy chick home (and she probably knew that too). This show will always give you extra credit if your craziness is mistaken for creativity. You're always better off taking risks than playing it safe, then acting ecentric. Remember in Season 2 when Andre' cried on the runway and gave a 20 minute explanation of why he made such a shitty dress? It always pays to be a little bit insane. You can't win, but you're less likely to go home. Look at Angela last year. She was a horrendous designer, but she was just insane enough that she was able to fool people into thinking there was something there. There wasn't.

I did enjoy Heidi's comment that it looked like Eliza's model has pooping fabric. (Though I bet some non-Guild writer thought it up for her.)

One last thought on Simone: This was a ridiculous choke on so many levels, but mainly because the first challenge was so much easier than normal. It wasn't like they were being asked to throw together an outfit made out of groceries or art supplies. You actually got good fabric and you could design whatever you wanted. If you can't do that, you don't deserve to be on the show.

Lugs, I agree, Christian's outfit was way overrated.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

One last comment on Jeffery, LJB. He was a douche, sure, but the thing that everyone complains about (making Angela's mom cry) was completely justified. It was obvious that Angela and mom were going to sabatoge him, he realized it, and was pissed. I would have been too. Mom quite obviously had terrible taste in clothes, and when he tried to make her something that would have flattered her unflattering figure, she whined and complained that she wanted something dowdy. She was a bad person, passive aggressive and mean. And to bawl like that to make him look like the bad guy was pathetic.

Angela and Laura were both bigger jerks that Jeffery, they just did it in a totally passive agressive manner. Laura (the 'classy' 40-something redhead with a brood of children and a husband who looked like an Einstein impersonator) pulled one of the weakest b.s. moves I've ever seen on a reality show in last year's finale when she tried to claim Jeffery had spent too much money on his final collection in an attempt to get him eliminated. I still think Michael deserved to win, but I was glad that Jeffery's victory was a big F.U. to idiots like Laura and Angela.

11. sportschick

Am I the only one who really liked Jeffery's stuff at the final runway show? It had such a rock and roll look to it, and I adore that.

Course I also loved Laura's stuff, although it was often the same dress in different fabric.

The crazy chick is the daughter of some really famous hippies. Give me a sec, and I'll find the page.

EDIT: So maybe not hippies, but artists. sigh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisa_Jimenez

12. sportschick

Why are all the men crying?

And where's everybody else tonight?

Draft saved Draft deleted