1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profile pics

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 10, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My avatar is one of my idols, chosen by Dooley. After what seemed like months (only a couple days) of Dooley complaining about my real hero, Zack Morris, in my avatar, I gave him five prospects. He chose George Costanza. I've taken it upon myself to change it up every few days.

My sig quotes are two of my favorite slams on me from one of my favorite posters and BYH. They were the first two sig lines I've ever put in, and I've grown very fond of them. It'll take some literary greatness to replace them.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Two reasons for mine...

(a) I'm a Big Lebowski fan and (b) I didn't think to go with The Stig, which is a brilliant choice.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I have Babar, though the elephant is not the inspiration for my nickname. It's colorful, and better than an avatar of Chevy Chase getting his prostate checked.

The sig is from a night at the Seattle outing when IJAG was trying to make everyone stick their fingers in her weird shot and try it.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

That's got quote function written all over it.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

IF ANYONE QUOTE FUNCTIONS THAT, YOUR AVATAR WILL BE THE X-RAY OF YOUR BROKEN FACE WHEN I TRACK YOU DOWN.

Edit: DAMN YOU PALLISTER!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Quote function's what?

I have Babar, though the elephant is not the inspiration for my nickname. It's colorful, and better than an avatar of Chevy Chase getting his prostate checked.

The sig is from a night at the Seattle outing when IJAG was trying to make everyone stick their fingers in her weird shot and try it.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That quite possibly is the dirtiest-sounding non-dirty phrase we've had in a while.

8. ArnoldBabar

What? It innocently and accurately describes the scene. :)

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No, an accurate and innocent way to describe the scene would be IJAG offered it around and everyone partook happil...

WAIT A SECOND!!!

10. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's from my favorite movie. As for the pic, it was the one I liked the most on a google image search for "Blues Brothers."

12. ArnoldBabar

For the record, I declined to stick my finger in. It just seemed unsanitary, and the thing didn't smell right.

Draft saved Draft deleted