1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professional wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

My thoughts? Trips needs to go away ... he takes two chairshots and a finisher (Edge's spear), and almost immediately was able to roll out of the ring to grab a sledgehammer and come back at 100 percent.

Christ, Steve-O sells better than Trips.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I heard that Triple H won't allow anyone to buy his and Stephanie's baby a stroller of any type.
    The reason?
    There's no way Hunter and Steph are pushing ANYONE but themselves.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

;D ;D ;D

That was a better joke than anyone on the WWE "creative" team right there.

4. Claws for Concern

Anyone going to watch WWE's Cyber Sunday PPV? You can vote at wwe.com for match stips. They even added a four tag team match this week, but of course, it is a late add because they pay these guys to do something and it is thrown together at the last minute. Ugh.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ric Flair is going to team with either Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter or Roddy Piper for the tag match? Is it 1983?

As an old school mark, I'd like to see Flair and Rhodes go to the "pay winda" one more time.

6. Claws for Concern

Flair's had matches with all three. Flair and Piper would be fun too. I never liked Sgt. Slaughter at all and choosing him would be a mistake. Flair-Rhodes or Flair-Piper are the better selections. They'll win the title too and quickly lose them.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Damn, Flair, Piper and Rhodes?

Is "Hands of Stone" Ronny Garvin on the card yet? What about the Midnight Express? Or Magnum T.A.?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nikita Koloff?

9. The Midnights actually still wrestle regularly on the indy circuit. That's the Eaton-Condrey combo.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I might vote, except that I get the feeling that it's not real voting -- that the WWE already has decided who's wrestling whom, and they'll just say "Oh, this is how you voted" regardless of whether it is. Who's going to know?

RAW's getting boring. There was a time earlier this year where I really enjoyed it, but at this point, I fast-forward (thank you TIVO) through much of it, and what I do watch is usually disappointing. Not necessarily predictable, just not exciting like it should be.

11. Claws for Concern

I've never paid for a PPV and have only really watched one live (on TV, not at the arena). I figure I'll skip the show again this weekend and check out the wrestling web site www.wrestlingdb.com for the lowdown on who won and who lost. It seems like a very predictable PPV given there's Survivor Series coming up and ECW's next PPV is in early December.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Bingo. ... None of your votes matter. I've said that since they had Taboo Tuesday. They already know who's title is on the line (Cena, who will win then), who Flair is going to team with (Dusty), etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted