1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Profanity filled Wal-Mart rant......part 3,193

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Apr 29, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd have left everything there and walked out, and then hoped that douchebag had to re-stock each item.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know Chef, if the kid really was retarded you're being a pretty big douche by calling him names.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I get your frustration, but again, what does the fact that the child being overweight or retarded for that matter, have to do with anything exactly?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But why is the guy a douchebag?

Because he doesn't want to lose 5 minutes of his 15-minute break ringing up a cartful of items?

Usually these places blink their lights as a signal to customers that the register is about to close. Most customers are too fixated on finding the shortest line to notice.

"Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place." --- John Bender, The Breakfast Club

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

He wasn't retarded.

He wasn't fat.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Then why fucking say it?

That's twice as douchey.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

I'm also not sure that the guy's name at the counter was Pedro either.

Jeebus, I guess I'm thrice as douchey.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There's an operation for that.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh. Carry on, then.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know, BTE, when it happened to me, there was no blinking light nor a light turned off to warn customers that the lane would soon be shut down. Just a supervisor who came up and told the kid to go on break, despite 3-4 people in line.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It sucks, but the frustration is no more than the person who calls your paper after a high school basketball game that went 4 overtimes and is told, "Sorry, our deadline was two minutes ago."

Caller may think the person at the newspaper is a douchebag . . . but they are just doing their job the way they were told to.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And if you're going to send people to break when there's a line and not replace the cashier, you can restock the groceries.

I don't get why you insist on letting Wal-Mart off the hook for their terrible customer service in this instance. If the light is on as normal, how am I as a customer to know the cashier is about to go on break?

Most coaches and stats keepers know that if a game goes 4OTs, there is a legitimate chance it won't make the paper. Most people don't know the cashier's about to go on break if the light is left on.

Draft saved Draft deleted