1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PRODUCER I – TEASE & BUMP UNIT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ESPNCAREERS, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Are you one of us?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. NO

26 vote(s)
    96.3%
  1. ESPNCAREERS

ESPNCAREERS New Member

At ESPN, Inc., sports and multi media operations are our choice, our affiliation and our language. If you would like to join the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, with a broadcast portfolio that include over 50 national and international business entities, we have room on the team for one more.

PRODUCER I – TEASE & BUMP UNIT
    - ESPN Studio Production -

Based in our Bristol, CT facility, you will be responsible for effectively selling our brand to viewers, while coordinating with members of our production and technical staffs to create informative/entertaining sports news programs.

Responsibilities will include:
    • organizing/evaluating content for assigned sports news stories
    • overseeing/directing a team of 10-12 subordinate Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned sports news programs
    • adjusting program content to accommodate breaking news stories
    • interpreting and translating breaking news into program content
    • coordinating with on-air staff to write accurate/informative stories/content
    • generating/executing story ideas from concept to execution
    • tracking trends and technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics
    • handling other related functions as necessary

To qualify, you must have 6-8 years of progressively complex studio or related production experience, superior leadership skills, along with the ability to create and write compelling sports news stories. Extensive knowledge of sports, mastery of the sports production process, ability to meet deadlines in a 24/7 sports news environment, and work with multiple business units also essential. Knowledge of real-time sports productions and graphics, along with a good appreciation of popular culture (“what’s cool”) will also be expected.

ESPN treats every employee with respect and dignity, and offers a competitive salary, commitment to excellence, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online at: http://www.joinourteam.espn.com/joinourteam/home.html, reference JOB ID # 138787 and create a Profile. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted at this time. Relocation assistance available. ESPN is an EOE/AAE

Are you one of us?
    ESPN
    espn.com/joinourteam

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Best. Unit. Name. EVER.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Let's see if we can get the poll response right this time, people...

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I concur. I would have about a bazillion business cards made up with my full title on them.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I may have fake business cards made with that on them!

Also, asking my boss to implement a tease and bump unit.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Tease & bump unit: "Here's a job, enjoy it? OK, see ya later."

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I don't see nothin' wrong/
    Wid a l'il tease-n-bump...

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Will whoever gets this job be able to leave his or her hat on?

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Tease and Bump Unit? Sounds like they should be bringing the wine for Berman.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I can't read this w/o thinking of a job ad for a champaign room bouncer.

11. Does this mean Harold Reynolds can come back?

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Well, I actually think this was Salisbury's job.

Draft saved Draft deleted