1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problems loading the site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just tossed my cookies.
    Does that count?

Site has worked fine for me and I don't know shit from shinola about these here gadgets.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Dude, go sit in the corner, feel shame.
    You lost that one.

3. MMMmm...Aniston.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Site has never crashed for me.

About the only trouble I have is when I go to open a thread, it opens up fine, but there's a 15-20 second delay loading the thread content. But I figure that's just the ads loading, so it's all good.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think that is it. New site has been loading up computer with cookies. You need to clean your cache now and then and use spywire to clean out cookies.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

For the past 45 minutes, every time I've deleted a PM, I've clicked "sportsjournalists.com" to get me back to the home page. I wait two minutes. Nothing. I click "home." Nothing. So I have to quit Firefox pretty much every four minutes, open it again, and type in the site address.

Anyone have any suggestions? It's only on that page that I have the problem.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't delete PMs?

Draft saved Draft deleted