1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problems loading the site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Oct 10, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Your computer might be having trouble accepting cookies from this web site because you have not cleared them in some time. The best thing you can do is clear your cookies because it will improve your connection speed and download times.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, we're definitely pleased the site is working well. There's just this one problem that won't go away. Its name is Indiansnetwork.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, but it's the site that has had the problem with you. ;)

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems I didn't have before the revamp. Occasionally, some pages are stubborn and don't want to load, but aside from that, I haven't had any issues.

And when I'm at home, I'm loading this bad boy on a dial-up comprised of a wire and a pair of Campbell's soup cans.

5. Come about and give 'im a broadside, matey!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Occasionally when I am posting, especially a longer post, I hit the post button and it hangs. I then try to highlight all the text I've typed and ccut it, so I can open a new browser window and come back to the site and paste it and post it. It never shows that it has actually cut the text, but each time I do paste in the new browser window it works.

Occasionally on a post or a PM, the site will spin indefinitely and not give any evidence that the post or PM went through. Sometimes, if I shut my browser, open a new window and come to the site, the post is there anyhow. Other times, it spins indefinitely and comes to an error page.

None of this stuff has been a huge problem for me, though. Most of the time it is a simple freeze and I can do the cut and paste trick to get my thing posted.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Let me speak more clearly for you:

I BOUGHT THE COMPUTER TWO DAYS AGO.

Thank you for your (lack of) reading comprehension.

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Every site you go to picks up cookies, just because you just bought the computer two days ago doesn't mean you don't need to clear your cookies.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It was the "You have not cleared them in some time" line. I understand the concept of clearing cookies. You were just speaking out of your hindparts.

10. Ruh-roh.
    Someone missed "The Good Wife" on Oxygen last night.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You watch Oxygen movies?

Hmmmm...I may have pegged you all wrong.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think The Good Wife is on HBO on-demand right now. I may have the network wrong, but I definitely remember seeing it pop up the last couple of times I've looked for movies to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted