1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football HoF - 2 Names

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CYowSMR, Aug 11, 2010.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Give me a break you self-righteous donkey.

The argument is simple. It is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and thus all professional football players with a solid resume should be looked at.

You and all the others on this board can continue to say the NFL has its mark all over the place until you are blue in the face, but a spade is a spade even if a diamond wipes it's ass from one corner of the card to the other.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

FYI, Monk is in.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Absolutely on Warner. He's Jim Kelly with a ring.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I disagree about the NFL being tough to get into. It is set up to vote people in, the baseball hall of fame seems set up to keep people out.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jesus. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you liked Flutie.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

There's a minimum for the HOF classes, but isn't there also a max? That's why so many people take forever and a day to get in. Also, because the voters are a buncha donks. (FYI, I liked your full-lettered use of the term, Red. Very nice.)

I mean, I can understand why they would put a cap on the number of entrants every year, but damn. There are too many HOF worthy guys having to wait forever.

While I'm here, Joe Jacoby getting zippy love from the voters is a joke. Russ Grimm was a fine, fine addition to the HOF, but there are a lot of people, myself included, who thought Jacoby would go first. Loved how Grimm said he was gonna get the name of all those other Hogs embroidered on the inside of his HOF jacket. Classy move by a classy guy.

And still...I still don't get the pro-Simms, but anti-Warner idea. Are you people drunk?

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

he's getting traction on the senior committee this year, we will see.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And I was even at his induction a few years ago! Woops. I have no idea why I threw him in there, other than I probably had how long it took him on my mind when I started to post. The point was meant to be that there are some very good players who end up having to wait because it is a hard HOF to get into. Which was why I said Chris Carter will get in. They are just burning through other names of deserving players before giving him his day. ...

9. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Doug Flutie: 3 leagues (NFL, USFL, CFL)

241 games:

4,286 for 7,276, 58.18%

58,179 yards, 8.0 per attempt

369 TDs, 5.07% TD rate

237 INTs, 3.26% INT rate

Kurt Warner: 3 leagues (NFL, NFLE, AFL)

196 games:

3,649 for 5,706, 63.95%

44, 910 yards, 7.9 per attempt

406 TDs, 7.12% TD rate

177 INTs, 3.10% INT rate

Dan Marino: 1 league (NFL)

252 games:

4,967 for 8,358, 59.43%

61,361 yards, 7.3 per attempt

420 TDs, 5.03% TD rate

252 INTs, 3.02% INT rate

10. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Just FYI - If Warren Moon is in, Flutie is.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Just FYI...stats from the Arena League don't translate to the NFL.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why? Moon did more in both leagues and considerably more in the league that counts for this discussion

Draft saved Draft deleted