1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Hall of Fame picks, 2010

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree completely. I was a Niners season ticket holder and I saw him more than a few times and he was at the top of the tier below LT.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I doubt that had much impact. They only played together for one season, 1984, which was Rogers' last season in New Orleans. Campbell carried the ball only 50 times that season. Fullback Hokie Gajan had over 100 carries, but it's hard to say that was a bad thing when he averaged 6.0 yards per carry that season.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I think Rogers won a rushing title after that, don't know if he was still into the devil's dandruff by then.

EDIT: 1,200+ and 18 TD in 1986 with Washington

4. outofplace

Beat me to it. He did lead the league in rushing touchdowns in '86, but Eric Dickerson was the rushing champ that season.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dent not being in is a travesty.

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

You are correct. I posted from memory, and was thinking they had two years together as splitting carries.

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Think about this:

The 1990s Vikings were normally a slightly above average team that had a bad postseason record.They now have three Hall of Famers (McDaniel, Zimmerman and Randle) plus Moon (who is best known as an Oiler, but played well for the Vikes) and yet their most likely recognizable player from that decade, Carter, is not in the Hall of Fame. When he gets in, that will be five. Add in Moss. That is six players. 1990s Cowboys fans can start complaining.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I guess in its entirety, John Randle's career merits induction. But was he a better, more dominant player than Chris Doleman? I honestly don't think so.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not shedding tears for Tim Brown - figure he goes in next year in Dallas.

10. outofplace

Good call. The man had 150 sacks. Certainly has an argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted