1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Football Hall of Fame picks, 2010

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 6, 2010.

1. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I have no problem with Little getting into the Hall, but ahead of Sharpe, Davis, Carter, and about 40 other defensive and offensive players? Somewhere Randy Gradishar must be crapping out a brick.

2. mb

mb Active Member

For real? I'm not going to get disembowled for wishing he was in?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gang, argue for or against Little if you must, but don't say X,Y,Z who are eligible through the regular as opposed to old-timer method deserve to be in instead. That's apples and rutabagas. Name a VETERAN eligible old-timer who should have gotten the nod instead of Little.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Jackson's the first player to have played the majority of his career in Black and Gold.
    Archie never did it and nobody's really even come close.
    Even if I don't think he warrants inclusion, it's not like he didn't have a stellar career.
    Congrats to Rickey.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't know if he should get in over little, but Chuck Knox has a corpus worthy of evaluation.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Jim Taylor and Doug Atkins don't count. And, while they should mean a lot to Saints fans, I don't see Danny Abramowicz or Archie getting in.

7. cyclingwriter

Tommy Nobis, Chuck Howley, Jerry Kramer, Alex Karras...

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

RE Jackson, you're arguing with yourself, I never said Jackson wasn't Hall material. I simply said Haley was better. I also pointed out that Randle was as good a DT as there was in the league for half his career, and the other half he was a hell of a pass rusher, which should be (and was) enough to get him in.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Glad to see Russ Grimm get in. It's a shame it's taken so long to get one of the Hogs in there. There needs to be one or two more.

Can't believe Carter and Sharpe didn't get it. This whole "limited to five" deal is BS.

10. cyclingwriter

Good point on Grimm and Lebeau too. Both corrected long-time wrongs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It used to be seven, then it became five plus as many as two old-timers. It should be seven plus the old-timers. It's not like the players who didn't make the final cut aren't Hall of Fame quality.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why any limit at all? You get 80 percent, you get it. Should be as simple as that.

Draft saved Draft deleted