1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prince out at K-State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 5, 2008.

1. DeepTexas

DeepTexas New Member

tcu looser fanboi here who just signed up to quash this rumor.
    why would gary trade in one shade of purple for another?

this should be a j-topics only discussion. i'll try to gather some info.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Adding to the bandwagon of nays ...

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/11/gary-patterson-is-rather-perturbed-about.html

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Gary played at K-State in college and was an assistant on the 1982 Jim Dickey-coached team that made K-State's first bowl appearance ever (in the Independence Bowl).

Plus, I'm sure there's a lot of allure, jumping from the Mountain West to the Big 12, where there are slightly larger purse strings, a little bit more prestige and a little higher caliber of talent. Look at it as a challenge. Plus, at some point in time, everyone wants to go home. Patterson's from Larned. I don't know if he still has family there, but eventually, there's something special about getting the chance to do something special at your alma mater.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe I spoke too soon.

It was on the K-State Rivals site, which has a staff of real reporters and as far as I know is one of the more ewll run of such sites. It said it had "multiple sources", and now says it still has those sources, but also has Patterson's agent adamant that nothing has happened.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

5. DeepTexas

DeepTexas New Member

pilot

where is the original story? im still trying to catch up. granted, i can't click on their rivals site, but im not even seeing any mention of an original.

6. Wenders

That's what's confusing to me. The GoPowercat.com guys have a knack for finding out things before everyone else and they're usually pretty reliable. I don't deny that they have those sources, but it's hard to run with anything when the coach's agent and the AD are both denying it vehemantly.

7. Wenders

If you go to news.google.com and type in Gary Patterson, there's a whole host of articles from various Wichita and Topeka news stations. Some of them have been changed to the new denial story.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The earlier sites that posted the stories have now taken them down.
    Way to go kids.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Chances are the Power Cat, their Rivals site, may have pulled it. I'm backing up my initial comments as well. The KC Star is reporting that K-State AD Krause is denying it to the Nth degree. I can't post the link, because my Crackberry doesn't have the capability to copy and paste links and sticking them here.

Plus, I'm at the doctor's office for a checkup.

10. Wenders

GoPowercat.com's site now says the agent denies it. Apparently, one of Fitz (the EIC of GP)'s sources was an official at TCU.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Heard Patterson's interview on a Dallas radio station. The man is not happy. And K-State has just issued a statement saying that they have not talked to a single candidate.

Either Patterson is the worst liar in history, or GoPowercat.com really fucked up.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That would amuse me, to be truthful.

Draft saved Draft deleted