1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

price of tix for ny/nj super bowl will be RIDONCULOUS!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As a Jet PSL holder I'll be looking forward to buying 4. Yeah sure

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

According to this, only 1 percent of Super Bowl tix go on sale to the general public:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/17420442/how-can-i-buy-super-bowl-tickets

Which makes me glad the Jets never got that stadium built on the West Side of Manhattan with taxpayer money. If corporations want to host their own party, then let them foot the bill. Which in this case, happened with the Jets and Giants building their own stadium.

3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I think it's a good idea to have the Super Bowl in a place like NJ...in the middle of winter. Football players are supposed to be tough. Enough of these temperature-controlled indoor arenas, or winter-vacation spots.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tickets are not the lion's share of the cost of a Super Bowl game for the average fan. Travel is. Putting the game in the Meadowlands means the game could actually be a day trip for fans of at least six NFL teams, including the defending champions. Since fans who wait until game day have an advantage over scalpers (no such thing as inventory in scalping), it'd be quire possible for say, a Patriots' fan to drive down early Sunday, park somewhere, hit the scalpers' market by the media hotel, and take the bus to and from the game. Long day, but a real cheap one compared to most Super Bowls.

Draft saved Draft deleted