1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pressbox romance

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

Thanks for the congrats everybody.

And great story, Moddy!

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Did we have a prolonged SportsJournalists.com server crash then?

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Paper I work for has no fewer than five married couples, just in editorial. Pretty cool, I guess. It's like a dirtball version of actors only marrying actresses.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Every shop I've ever worked at had a few married couples. Worked at one place where a photog worked with his ex-wife (another photog) and he was dating a friend of hers -- the cops reporter. He ended up marrying another photog on the staff.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That's hilarious. My wife once jokingly asked, "How am I supposed to believe you're not going to some girl's house tonight?" I said "Pick up tomorrow's paper."

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

Susan is very cool. Spring training once, I was writing a Zito story and didn't know anybody. She invited me to breakfast with the gang. Like her a lot.

As for the relationship thing, my wife's mother actually took her aside before we got hooked up. (We had been friends a long time.) Her mom said to her, "Now, if you're with him, he's going to leave you a lot. If that's going to be okay with you, sign up. If it's not, then understand that will always be part of the deal, and walk away."

Fortunately, my wife signed up. And I always sing "Part of the deal!" when I'm headed out the door.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sure that went over big when you skipped out on her for the titty-fuck with Jessica Simpson

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

I wish that was part of the deal, dude.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thought it was...

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Jeez. Fortunately, my wife's memory is not as long as yours, slaps.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I originally thought you'd interviewed Jessica Alba, but this works too..

12. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

My parents met at the paper they both worked at in the early '70s (I think it was Cocoa if I remember correctly). So she definitely knew what she was getting into. I love hearing her stories of sitting in the nosebleeds at the Orange Bowl on rainy New Year's Days waiting for my dad to finish his stories.

After my brother and I were born (we're twins), my dad stayed in the biz while my mom raised us.

Draft saved Draft deleted