1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential straw poll - August 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Who would you vote for president?

1. Joe Biden

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. Cory Booker

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

27 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Kamala Harris

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Beto O'Rourke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bernie Sanders

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Donald Trump

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  8. Elizabeth Warren

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  9. Andrew Yang

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Other/Third Party

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Surprised to see Pete doing so well. Can someone explain the appeal to me? My concern is, of course, his lack of experience. Certainly haven’t crossed him off, though. I need to watch him more.

I voted Warren. I think she’s really sharp. I like that she hadn’t been a career politician and I like that she was drawn into it all by real-world issues like banks screwing the middle class.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If Warren is the nominee, then Trump is a two-term president. It will be Hillary 2.0.

Biden/Harris is a winning ticket. It checks so many boxes that will turn out voters.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Biden needs to go play fuckin’ shuffleboard, then head out for the early bird special.

He’s shown repeatedly that he’s not going to make a good president, and he was showing it all the way back in 1987.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't care about whether or not the nominee makes a good president. The only thing that matters is defeating Trump in 2020. We can reset in 2024. If Trump isn't stopped next year, there might not be a 2024.

Piss on ideology. Piss on being woke. Putting a dagger to the heart of the GOP isn't everything; it's the only thing.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I actually do care about whether the nominee makes a good president, and you wanna know why? Because the Stupid Party came up with a nominee that didn’t make a good president, and maybe you’ve not noticed but the whole thing’s a damned clusterfuck.

As people get to know Biden, their discomfort will increase. He’s Hillary 2016 2.0, except less well-spoken. No thank you very much.

I’d rather have a GenX nominee, if we can pull that off.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The right wing screech machine has been trolling Harris with charges from their plant Tulsi that Harris was too mean nasty and brutal (especially against minorities) as California AG.

As if they've ever given a fuck about prosecutors being too mean and nasty to minorities before. They'd execute blacks and Latinos every noontime in the town square if it was up to them.

You never hear Fatboy or any of the other mainstream GOPs banging this drum, because it negates one of their traditional weapons against Democrats (especially women or minority) that they are limp wristed pantywaists who will let the criminals dark people run amuck. So they sent Tulsi to do it.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon. Everybody knows 11 a.m. is a much better time for mass executions. Doing it at noon fucks up your lunch hour.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

9. Starman

I'd set up mass executions 15 minutes after White Castle opens for lunch.

10. Starman

The bottom bottom line: 12 days after the election, she went to Trump Tower to meet with Fatfuck himself in hopes of gaining a cabinet post in his fascist regime. Reports from inside the organization said the meeting was "fantastic, terrific, wonderful." (who in the organization talks like that??) And the organization was impressed enough by Little Miss Surf Bunny to submit her to the grueling and microintensive vetting process they put all their stellar nominees through.

Anybody who would seek, discuss or allow themselves to be considered for any position in Fatfuck's fascist junta should carry the curse of syphilis upon their lips forever in the Democratic Party. That shit don't wash off.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gonna shit ‘em to death?

Twirling Time likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted