1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to make sense

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

He should be celebrated in Canada and the US as a national treasure.

Smallpotatoes and John B. Foster like this.
  3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You have to know that at some point Donald isn't going to be able to restrain himself any longer and will reference the JFK and Melania things.

At least that's my hope.

4. Machine Head

Think Mnuchin was a tad scared shitless?

This guys dismembers people.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Is it safe to assume people who are lined up and enthusiastic about Beto? I can’t imagine anyone, even supporters, enthusiastic about Ted Cruz.

As much as I would love it, I just can’t see Cruz losing this one.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

That's my assumption...it probably won't be enough to carry Beto across the finish line, given how red the rest of rural Texas is, but I think it's going to require a huge push and opportunity cost for the GOP in having to divert lots of money/resources from other races to keep the seat, whereas historically it would have been an absolutely safe bet to remain red. Trump is even in Houston today for a Cruz rally...so they are *really* having to pull out all the stops in trying to keep it.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We started last Wednesday. Through the first four days, totals are triple what they were at the same time in the 2014 midterm.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Machine Head

Suuuuuuuuuure he did:

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I no longer live in Texas. I would have loved to have voted against this spineless twerp again.

[​IMG]

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

For me personally, it's the elements that have always been there but are now ultra extreme and seem to be driving the train. The rich have always looked after the rich, but now it at the total expense of everyone else. You've always had Christian conservatives, and I'm fine with that; in many cases people might consider me one. I can't abide those who want to turn us into some kid of theocracy after getting their science from Genesis and justice from Leviticus.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.