1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cosmo and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jimmy Stewart ain't walking through that door.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And each of them will cede their time to the prosecutor, the whole five minutes of their one turn to question her.

5. Neutral Corner

So I walked into my bedroom and my wife is playing a game on her phone. She looks at me and says "You know, you play these little cell phone games and they have ads in the game, right?" I nod. "Well, I'm playing and every single damn ad tonight is all about Trump. Tax cuts. All the wonderful things that the Republicans are doing, every so often, or it's asking questions and wanting me to click A, B, or C". It's bullshit, I'm sick of it!"

"Well, you know it's five or six weeks till the midterms, right? It's just political ads, and we're going to get a ton more of them from now till after the election. Whose ad is it, does it say?"

"They're from the RNCC."

I started laughing. It's true, the Republican National Congressional Committee is advertising on cell phone games. Jesus, what a time we live in.

I shrugged and said "Well, look on the bright side - at least you're not getting targeted ads. They don't know you well enough yet to feed you ads that you agree with, that will get in your head and influence you, right?" She sighs and nods. "Well if it makes you feel any better think of the money they're wasting trying to sell you on the GOP". That helped a little... but she was really pissed off about it.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They're also very very heavy on YouTube. Nonstop ads for Fucko and our GOP stooge for governor.

My music playlist is very heavy on the Beatles, Springsteen, Dylan, REM, U2.

How many people of that audience do they think they're converting?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I can't pick up my phone, turn on the TV, or go to the mailbox without getting an anti Phil Bredesen ad paid for by dark money or McConnell's Super PAC. They are spending a ton of money in my state to get keep the open Senate seat red.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Here's something that may or may not have been mentioned before. What happens if Kavanaugh gets his rubber stamp confirmation, then one or more of his accusers pulls a Goldman family/OJ and files a civil suit against him or writes a book which he resulting in him either suing or admitting it's true by silence?

That will certainly be unprecedented by a sitting justice.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yeah.

I'm not sure this is the clickbait outrage you fellas seem to think it is.

Obama's limo: Heavy armor, blood bank, night vision - NBC News

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sort of a longer version of your same point.

There's a long history of political dissent and disagreement in this country, much of it loud and impolite.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Breaking news: Unions good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.