1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Every time I hear about that Clapper fellow, it reminds me of the clapper caper made famous by Jack Webb and Johnny Carson where Claude Cooper, the kleptomanic from Cleveland, copped some clean copper clappers that were kept in a closet --- a crime that was discovered by cleaning lady Clara Clifford.

Riptide, SpeedTchr and Michael_ Gee like this.
  2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

For those keeping track at home...
    • Tricky No. 1: ISIS.
    • Tricky No. 2: Ethics.
    • Tricky No. 3: Speaking in complete sentences.
    • Tricky No. 4: Speaking like an adult.
    • Tricky No. 5: Acting like an adult.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trump is now doing product placement. Clearly, he thinks of the presidency as a reality show:

Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage. People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean. @LBPerfectMaine

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL.

Wherever the research started, it was considered to have enough grains of truth that Obama and Trump were briefed on it. Did he hire two hookers to piss on a bed? Probably not. Is Trump neck deep financially with the Russia mob? Probably.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Given L.L. Bean's customer base, that might hurt them more than it helps.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have even money that next winter Trump takes credit for it being difficult to find LL Bean boots - even though that's been the case for the past two winters already.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Already discussed on a friend's FB page ... she is one of 50 or so stock holders so boycott not required!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think "probably not" is not giving Donald enough credit.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump's trainwreck press conference ushers in a shambolic presidency | Richard Wolffe

"In many ways, Trump has snowballed all the Clinton scandals into one shock-and-awe transition. He has somehow combined all the anti-Clinton accusations of foreign influence and financial irregularity in the 1996 re-election, with the dubious personal morality of the Lewinsky affair and the never-ending tendency towards cronyism. Only it took the Clintons decades to accrue these kinds of entanglements."

"Yes, Mr President-elect. The intelligence reports are indeed calling you an asset in the context of Russia. You may keep using that word but, as in the Princess Bride, I do not think it means what you think it means."

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What about rocking a rhyme that's right on time?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Neither the FBI nor the CIA vouched for the accuracy of the "dossier". It was presented to show them what was out there, not because anyone thought it was true.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Jesus H. Christ. Grow the fuck up and say what you want to say without the stupid movie references.

Big Circus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.