1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Quelle surprise.

[​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So what is Roy Moore's favorite Bible chapter? Acts 16.
    Not mine, guy named David Waldman.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Never let a crisis go to waste if you can make some money off it.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

She did once do 46 in a 25, tho. Don't know how she recovers from this.

Webster likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Vaguely related, I am in the process of applying to the Indiana Bar right now. If you ever want to feel like the scum of the Earth, go through that process one time. When I applied to Illinois a few years back, I recall them emailing me out of the blue for the phone number of my junior high, which I attended from 1988 to 1990. I can seriously remember driving, listening to the Stones, and thinking, "Would a decent fucking person listen to 'Stray Cat Blues'? Fuck, there is no way I am getting admitted. I don't deserve it."

Yes, I was concerned about what an affinity for the devil's music said about me as a worthy advocate. In 2012.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reading the reaction from some of those Alabama officials, I'm almost inclined to not wait for the state to secede, but rather for the rest of the country to just throw the state out of the Union.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

I did not think that defending pedophilia was going to be the tactic they settled on. I really didn't. I did not see that coming.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's always the problem. "X" is never "the same" as "Y", but it doesn't mean "X" can't be a legitimate reason for disqualifying someone for office. But if he's the right laundry, it will be rationalized in any one of a dozen ways. It's what we do. All the time.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sure X could be. I've posted this before, but by and large voters saw Clinton as a seducer, not an assaulter, and were more likely to respond to his, uh, romantic issues with dirty jokes rather than moral indignation.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's actually one of the saddest hit pieces I've ever seen attempted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.