1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I can confirm hockey lockerooms are the worst.

JC likes this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Looks like I married your line to the Kunta Kinte quote below it. Works anyway, let's roll with it!

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My drunken point is, I think intent matters.

What do you think Trumps intent was? He's not smart enough to be that funny.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

See, you think I'm reaching here. Yet there were lots of people on Twitter and on TV saying Trump singled out Kenneth Frazier because he's African American. I did not invent the notion.

5. Riptide

Every night now, everyone's thinking: "Holy shit, what does tomorrow bring?"

The instability of the Watergate era pales in comparison. Nixon's mess didn't spill into the streets.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Watched one episode of that and came out dumber for it.

And because I was late to the party and didn't get a chance to weigh in earlier: The larger size at Starbucks Moddy was thinking of is a trenta which is used for cold drinks. Love me my morning Starbucks run especially with the app so I can order when I'm leaving my house and pick it up on my way to work.

7. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Here's my favorite part about the Pershing issue: Best-case scenario, POTUS spoke glowingly of a lunatic who committed a war crime.

Can you imagine Obama saying, "I have instructed our generals to initiate a Mi Lai strategy" in Syria? Or GWB advocating a Rape of Nanking approach in Iraq?

The moral gymnastics someone has to do right now to defend this ...

8. Riptide

"YF to the courtesy phone, please. YF to the white courtesy phone ... "

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Fair warning, tomorrow night I am on my own at MHWHQ and I have a fair bit of stress and whatnot, plus a full fridge.

I have family in PHX and the rally Tuesday and well, yeah, I'll leave it at that.

I may blow some carbon out of the jets Friday night.

Fair warning.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I've found a place to go to and try bubble tea, will report back.

I know I'll like the food, so I'm looking forward to it.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I agree with you. (Wow, what do you know?).

Sometimes, it isn't so much what is said, as how it's said. Trump intended it to be belittling, and that's how he said it, and meant it.

(Although I agreed, chuckling a little, that Pocahontas probably really is the only female Native American that Trump could name off the cuff, without any research....although, to be fair, I'm sure -- absolutely certain -- that he would be far from alone in that).

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Goodness, no! That's disgusting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.