1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“Limited martial law.” That freedom stuff is a nuisance.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Possibly my most favorite post in this thread, maybe even on this board.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, this was used as a Nixon joke on the classic family sitcom, “Family Ties.”

It remains a hoot.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"You can fool some of the people all of the time " is a business model.

garrow likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To quote Bret Maverick, "My pappy used to say you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time and those are pretty good odds."

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not glued to cable news 24/7 but when did Lou Dobbs and Maria Baritomo, whose jobs are, I thought, to give us business news, get so batshit crazy about politics?

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

More than half of emergency small-business funds went to larger businesses, new data shows

The Trump administration has emphasized PPP loans to small firms, but most of the $522 billion went to about 600 larger companies and chains

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/01/ppp-sba-data/

More than half of the money from the Treasury Department’s coronavirus emergency fund for small businesses went to just 5 percent of the recipients, according to data on more than 5 million loans that was released by the government Tuesday evening in response to a Freedom of Information Act request and lawsuit.

According to data on the government’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), about 600 mostly larger companies, including dozens of national chains, received the maximum amount allowed under the program of $10 million.

Officials from the Treasury Department and the Small Business Administration (SBA) have argued the program primarily benefited smaller businesses because a vast majority of the loans ― more than 87 percent ― were for less than $150,000, as of August. But the new data shows more than half of the $522 billion in the same time frame went to bigger businesses, and only 28 percent of the money was distributed in amounts less than $150,000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.