1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It all started with fluoridation of the water supply in 1946.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing the backlash against Tucker and the Georgia Gov. and SoS - I think Trump is more of a Republican problem. Let them sort it out amonst themselves. No reason for the Dems to provide a unifying target - let the GOP tear themselves apart.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I know Rudy was bringing up My Cousin Vinny, but lately, I’ve been thinking of the arraignment scene in that film, where Vinny keeps trying to tell their story and the judge has zero tolerance for that and keeps saying “what are you telling me? Are you pleading guilty or not?”

I think the Dems need to start breaking things down very simply. When Rs start talking about the prosecutions being politically motivated, just simply say, “Did you do it or not, and is it against the law? Yes? Then shut the fuck up.”

Go after all of them, even Lindsey and Loeffler for soliciting political funds in the Senate building. Is that a crime? Yes or no? If it is, then prosecute them. No more excuses.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Heck, I'm fine with letting Trump himself off criminally, breaking him financially, taking away his attention, and destroying his circle of enablers. That will send the message to the future that needs to be sent. Hitler nor Trump rose to power on their own. They had a network of enablers. Take that away from any future populist would be authoritarian, and their rise never gets off the ground.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The enablers are tens of millions of white racist American voters, full of hate for a world where they are not considered superior because of the accidents of their birth. These are people who donated to get a double murderer out on bail. Nothing to be done with them. Putting a bunch of leading Republicans in the hoosegow if they've committed crimes (much of what's been done is morally criminal but perfectly legal) is all we've got.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what about hulkamania whatchoo gonna do brother

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Right here, folks. Perfect.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

America First Just as bad as the rest of the world!

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

GRADE ME ON THE CURVE!!!!!

Can't wait for Trump's Farewell Address. I'm sure it will be classy.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Fifteen hundred people a day - or more - dying because of this virus ... but it's no big deal. Got it.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

More importantly, HOW SOON CAN WE CHANGE THE NAME OF THIS THREAD?

Do we really need to wait until Jan. 20? It’s never too soon to excise the T-word from the lexicon, IMHO.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It doesn't serve as a deterrent to anyone. That's not how those guys think.

I just spent four years listening to an asshole whine that his political enemies should all be put in jail. I'm not going to start chanting "Lock him up!" now that Biden is going to be president.

There's a lot that needs to be done. Trying to punish people for the last four years shouldn't be on that list. It's a massive waste of time and capital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.