1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was not referring to Hillary Clinton at all in my post. She wasn't in my mind. Actually, I was thinking of the two most politically effective Presidents of the last century, FDR and Reagan. Both were frequently ambiguous, known to shift positions on a dime if politically advantageous, and each was apparently maddening to work for, primarily because of those two traits. Note however, each inspired intense loyalty among the staffers they were driving crazy at the time. Ambiguity and flip-flopping are things people SAY they hate about politicians. In these two cases, a long series of election returns indicate people who say that are often full of shit.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I figured her name would come up sooner or later in the NRA suit, and here she is … sooner.

I hope she goes down like a tanker anchor.

OscarMadison, matt_garth and Mngwa like this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

He is not at risk of losing the black vote.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The fact that the Trump campaign believes putting Kanye on the ballot will help him siphon away black votes from Biden shows just how fucking racist they truly are.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

2016 advice: Don't show up!

2020 advice: Don't say anything unscripted!

Great candidates this party keeps rolling out.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This one I agree with. But he needs to get ass out there in a Pope Mobile. Roll down the streets and give speeches. Written speeches. Planned. Rehearsed. Be Presidential. But attack attack attack.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

We've seen a shitload of Friday news dumps over the last 2-3 months, so why not, Neutral ...

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS -- The Gotcha Presidency

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It is what it is.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Pompeo is cared that if he talks about it publicly Trump will do what Trump does and say something to undercut him. Or get pissed at him.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.