1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL, bawl coawch

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Someone posted that Gaetz' suit is both too small and too large

Hermes and Mngwa like this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He has nothing to gain by doing anything that might be public. He was way ahead in the last external poll, which was weeks ago. In other words, polling firms have decided there's no reason to invest resources in a lopsided race.
    Jefferson Beauregard Secessions XVII is done. Gotta be humiliating to lose a primary to a candidate with zero experience.
    So Tide fans will have an interesting choice: Vote for a libruhl who -- even worse -- was a civil-rights lawyer; vote for an Auburn guy; or sit it out. They'll probably sit it out and Tuberville will win exclusively with Auburn voters.

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Has there ever been an election where so many groups from the same political party have actively campaigned against a sitting president? I mean obviously we all know the Lincoln Project, but there are other groups, former Republicans, that are popping up all over Twitter and posting devastating ads. It's amazing how widespread it's become; I don't ever remember anything like this happening before.

lakefront likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not in the television era. Not in the era of any electronic media. Maybe some disgruntled Whigs got up in arms over their candidate back in the day. I don't know if they did. I just like the name the Whig party.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If she's not the first statue in the National Stone People Garden that Trump's building, I ain't going.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The closest I can think of is Ted Kennedy taking a hard run at Carter in the primaries leading up to Reagan's election.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

68, obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.