1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

You can also go to Cambodia, you just have to plunk down a $3,000 deposit

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Saint Maarten or plague-era Washington

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Really we had that chance in 2016, when Fatfuck should have lost 65-35 (even granting that HRC was an unappealing candidate).

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Starman

my name is starman and I approve of this message, in fact I could have written it.

While we're briefly on this classic subject, a couple items of interest:

1) Fatfuck's curious interest to see how baby Tiffany (then 1 year old) was going to "develop" physically came precisely when the Pretty Princess Ivanky was 12-13 years old, so his rutting-pig mind was unsurprisingly obsessed with girls "developing."

2) Pretty Princess Ivanky at this very moment has a daughter aged 8-9, quickly approaching the age window in which Grampy gets really cranked up. Does Ivanky allow her daughter in a room alone with fat daddy? Should she be allowed to?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I will certainly agree that FDR wanted to go to war with Germany. And that the support the US was providing the Allies lots of support. But after Pearl Harbor FDR only asked for for a declaration of war against Japan. On December 11 Hitler had Germany declare war on the USA. That was the event that lead to the USA declaring war.

If you want to argue that FDR wanted to join the war on the side of the Allies and was looking for an excuse I would agree. But Hitler declared war on us.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If I want to argue? That exactly what FDR wanted. That's not up for debate. FDR would have gone all-in on the war in 1939 except the isolationists in Congress would never have allowed it. A large contingent of Americans wanted no part in another war. So Roosevelt engaged in some strategic maneuverings to help Britain, not the least of which was the Lend Lease Act which basically got us in the war without getting us in the war. Then in March 1941, Roosevelt and Churchill agreed when the US entered the war, the focus would be on defeating Germany first then Japan. In December 1941, FDR again knew he had the isolationists to deal with. He didn't push his luck and rode popular sentiment to get the declaration of war against Japan. Hitler may have declared war first, but that was a formality. FDR was going to war with Germany.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. Starman

If FDR had his druthers, war with Japan and Germany would have started a couple of years apart, allowing maximum resources to be directed at one opponent at a time. But the course of real life events did not allow that.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Nobody knows what FDR felt about anything. Either side. The man was a vault with no combination.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

For the 1/100th time, I am sick of these Trumpists' trolling "logic." Disgusting and harmful.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

As are the U.S. Virgin Islands … I mean, it was right there in the name.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.