1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I have only one rule during lockdown. Under NO circumstances, will Trump's daily rallies ever be on in my home. His lying and whining is no good for my blood pressure. If the new press secretary holds briefings, she'll be added to the list. Remember her from CNN during the 2016 campaign. Dimwit and insufferable.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

look at you propagating the fear and doom just to look cool online and disparage our president

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Very cool and very legal

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Polls closed at 8 pm. If you’re in line at 8, you can vote.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Frightening. They should have their licenses revoked on the spot. Obeying the Dear Leader at the possible expense of patients is just fine and dandy.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Mission accomplished

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Trying to keep bad thoughts in check tonight. He wants this. He is a miserable person who saw a country full of people, many of whom were -and still are- striving to protect what was good about this place and keep making things better. He wants to break them. Us. Anyone who doesn't love him is wrong and needs to be destroyed. It's not really an end. Destruction is just an added bonus.

Some of my friends argued if people like that found their true north, things would have been so different:
    - A mid-Twentieth Century Austrian painter named Hitler's oddly unpeopled cityscapes go in and out of vogue with collectors.
    - The 30 For 30 about Nationals marquee name Fidel Castro's return to Cuba to head up their Olympic player development program did fairly well in the ratings.
    -A young Donald Trump finds fighting for SMPTE leaders and editing time at UCLA tedious and heads back to New York, where he is lionized by the right names.

No.

None of those things were ever in play, at least not in this timeline. (Apologies. I'm abusing the daylights out of quantum mechanics in even writing that.) Those missed chances are the natterings of people wandering fabulist pig trots to "What if?" It's a mighty nice and overly charitable way to try to find the good in someone who has abdicated any claim to it.

He wants us broken, sick, hopeless, dying.

We have to say no. It doesn't mean any of us will outlast this, but we have to try.

This is a scene from the 1982 PBS production of Elizabeth Swados' Alice. A very young Meryl Streep as Alice kills the Jabberwocky and encounters her own dark side for the first time. This doesn't have to be us. We can counter this without becoming the monsters we loathe.

I still hope the people who are hurting us now see a better way. My favorite moment during The Grinch was seeing his heart grow three sizes. Maybe those Saul of Tarsus moments are coming. In the meantime, I've got people who come to me to have their minds quieted for just a moment. They are so scared and angry and all I can do is listen. They see what we are seeing and they are terrified. What if we decided to quit giving our energy to this person and his movement and just made things good any way we could?

I'm not giving up hope. Neither should you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Fascinating timing. On a day with a record death toll and before what Trump's own sycophantic surgeon general said will be more, Fox News wants us to know it's over.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Watching Buster Douglas beat Tyson for the 134tu time just now and...I’m pretty sure Trump swiped his MAGA hat design from Buster Douglas’ entourage. It’s red, same letters, same design.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.