1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sad ban trombone.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Opinion | Putting Jared Kushner In Charge Is Utter Madness

Kushner has succeeded at exactly three things in his life. He was born to the right parents, married well and learned how to influence his father-in-law. Most of his other endeavors — his biggest real estate deal, his foray into newspaper ownership, his attempt to broker a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians — have been failures.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am still angry about that shit and I will crack the case eventually. There just so happens to be an extinction-level event going on at the moment.
    And I dirty-deleted all my naughty photos in case I perish from the disease.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

From the forthcoming Ken Burns PBS documentary on the Trump Administration:

Peter Coyote: On January 20, 2017, the first amateur to take the presidential oath of office--Donald J. Trump--delivered his inauguration address. In front of a small crowd, Trump intoned "This American carnage stops right here and stops right now." The painful irony of that statement reverberates throughout our history.

Driftwood, Tweener, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This doesn't go with the narrative, as this picture does with your post, but...this is far from the worst photo of Trump I've ever seen. Just saying...

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just read that. And the above was what I pointed out to my friend in the biz.

Trump, Pence, Jared and Ivanka. Fearsome Foursome indeed.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember, Fatfuck was all set to name Mr. Tons of Fun Chris Christie as his VP, when swooping out of nowhere came Russian pawn Paul Manafort to sucker the stupid fat shit into all of a sudden picking Pence.

There was no indication Fatfuck had ever met or even heard of Pence before.

What suddenly inspired Russian pawn Paul Manafort to maneuver Pence into the VP seat? Who knows, we'll see!

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I can hear that in Coyote’s voice, clear as day.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

it was to get the evangelical vote, which is what got him elected. Sandwiches is not loved by that crowd and likely wouldn’t have helped turn any state red. It was a surprisingly competent move.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It was a move ordered by Manafort's Russian string pullers. For some reason they really really really wanted Pence as VP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.