1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is he more presidential yet?

garrow likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

my God what a simpleton

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

pretty much experienced that visual at my neighborhood Kroger

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The best vacancies

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I understand that point of view, I just think mainstream media will be forced to address it in the coming months as Biden claims the nomination. A major party nominee accused of sexual assault is not something that can be entirely ignored, I don’t think, whether it’s a credible accusation or not. It would be really devastating for it to get more traction in the GE.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Evangelicalism is useful in giving people a vision of the afterlife they'll need when their religion eventually kills them.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Look I'm not minimizing a sexual assault, but for gosh sakes, the current president said "just grab them in the p*ssy" and called the current pandemic "a hoax", the very same pandemic that's forced most of our 350 million residents to observe "shelter-in-place".

People, quit looking for the perfect candidate, let's address the biggest concerns first. Get this con man out of the presidency. We don't have the luxury of saying "well Biden's got to address a 27 yr old assault claim, so he's out" and no problem we'll keep the current guy for another 4 years. Get real dammit.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Did it ever occur to you that the reason the "mainstream media" is "ignoring" it is because they looked into it and determined it was horseshit?

It's the same reason the mainstream media doesn't spend much time talking about the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot.

They don't have to look into everything. Plausibility matters.

2muchcoffeeman and qtlaw like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

but her emails

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood my post. I agree with your entire response. Trump needs to go and any other warm body will do. I’m with you.

I’d take Biden in a nanosecond over Trump. A concern, though, is that the allegation could be an issue moving forward. I certainly hope it won’t be, but I cannot predict that. In an election where we desperately need someone who will take Trump out, any potential problems should be at least a bit worrisome. That’s all.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Watched Andrew Cuomo's presser on TV today. That's what leadership looks like. Cogent, succinct, informative answers. No stumbling or bumbling. Directly addressed Trump's charges of thievery. I daresay he looked presidential.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.