1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You may take home enough that $1,000 is irrelevant to you, but there are many millions of paycheck to paycheck Americans who don't have the money to be out buying up staple foods and other supplies that will allow them to shelter at home. If I were in that boat and I had a wife and a couple of young kids at home, I'd have been frantic with worry. If all you had to try to get ready was a few hundred dollars you scraped up by deciding not to pay your bills on time, that thousand dollars looks like a lifeline.

I Should Coco and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

3. Neutral Corner

Posts like that are why you catch hell for being a dick, 'yab.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. I revise and extend my remarks to "many" sted "most."

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

New ad concept:

For more than three years, Donald Trump's critics warned that he was an incompetent bully completely unfit for the office of President of the United States

(a montage follows of his insane pandemic news conferences)

Then the word COVID appears on screen and then the word spaces out like in the Stranger Things title sequence to form:

CONVINCED NOW?

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't want Trumpist states to get this thing as others have. I want it to stop now. (It won't, of course.) But from this, it does appear that the Trumpists are in denial.

Red and Blue America Aren’t Experiencing the Same Pandemic

Republican-leaning states to this point are displaying notably less urgency about the outbreak. Of the states that have taken the fewest actions to restrict public gatherings or limit restaurant service on a statewide basis—such as Texas, Missouri, and Alabama—almost all have Republican governors, according to research by Topher Spiro, the vice president for health policy at the liberal Center for American Progress, where he directs a program that examines state health initiatives.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fucking awesome!

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know they're pros and they're above it, but I'm amazed nobody has told him to go fuck himself yet.

Are they really supposed to just sit there and take it?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can drive from one end of DFW to the other in 56 minutes in the dead of rush hour.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Welcome to Watergate in 1973-74.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Just today, Missouri limiting gatherings to 10 or fewer people.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes. You sit there and take it because if you fire back, baby boy has a shit fit, stomps out, and then nobody gets the story (either your reporting colleagues or the general public).

I say this as a battle scarred veteran of being personally attacked by Bobby Knight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.