1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Jesus.

Wherever it is you work ... what would be the consequence from firing all the people who had relavent experience and institutional knowledge?

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I don't know. They might have to declare bankruptcy.

3. Justin_Rice

An apt comparison might be a local newsroom.

What if a new publisher came in and shit canned a large percentage of the employees who knew the community the best?

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think you caught the meaning of my post. His company just declared bankruptcy.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gee, why is everyone so high on term limits for Congress then? We'll lose all that "relevant experience." :eek:

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't think Bernie can win. But I also didn't think fucking Trump could win. So what do I know?

His gains with Black and Latino voters is surprising. And he has the youth vote (if they do indeed come out to vote).

Bernie is not my choice. But I'll sure as hell vote for him.

7. Justin_Rice

There you go again, talking about the couple hundreds of people in Congress.

I'm talking about the other million or so employees (plus many more contractors) who form the rubber-meets-the-road end of the Executive Branch.

Donald Trump is a terrible, terrible CEO in charge of the country's largest employer, and the layer of government most likely to impact the day-to-day life of any given citizen.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Justin_Rice

I really, really, really don't want to vote for Bernie. But I suppose if it's him vs. Trump ...

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'll vote for Bernie but this will lower the stakes for me considerably. Bernie would be a horrid president in the off chance he's elected.

Donny in his element and Webster like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

His overall ideas line up with me, for the most part. Medicare for all won't happen, but maybe a public option with an expanded ACA.

I don't like his age or his (right now) exclusionary campaign. If he starts to really pull away, he's got to start appealing to rank-and-file Democrats.

By any measure, he's better than Trump.

It'll still likely be a contested convention. Which will be a disaster.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

If Bernie is the nominee, Dems have to hammer home the same shit as rebpubs in 2016. Judges and SCOTUS. Think long-game.

Not to mention the GOP will kill healthcare and social security. Also: Trump is a criminal.

lakefront, Tweener and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.