1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You have thees beleef that this country is so verrrry good and ve are so veery bad!! No speeko zee engleesh!!

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I love how regular Christmas decorations are now a "beautiful exhibit of patriotism"

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When Paulie is your president . . . .

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It’s at least an upgrade over this whorish bullshit. 28419596-FDD0-4B52-B112-02A283F1B877.jpeg

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Awwww... Rick Stain would.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

What a surprise.

9. Neutral Corner

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If Clinton hadn't been impeached, he would have been remembered largely as a popular president who "overcame adversity" in the campaign and became "The Comeback Kid." Impeachment compels us -- justifiably -- to remember his faults. I don't particularly care that he had "inappropriate relations" with an intern; I care that he lied about it to a grand jury and that he wagged his finger into a camera and upbraided the media and the masses for daring to hound him about it. Doesn't sit well with me at all.
    Absent impeachment, references to scandals would have been knocked down several paragraphs in his obit. But in order to do it responsibly, anybody writing that obit one day will have to write something like this:

"William Jefferson Clinton, who rose from childhood poverty in Arkansas to the White House but saw his presidency complicated and his achievements mitigated by impeachment amid claims of dishonesty and marital infidelity with one of his interns, died Tuesday. He was 92.
    "Clinton, the 42nd president of the United States, is credited by historians for bringing the country out of economic collapse thanks in part to his tenure's concurrent run with the rise of the Internet. But he became only the second sitting president to be impeached when the House of Representatives rebuked him for lying to a grand jury in connection with one of several allegations of improper sexual conduct he faced over several decades in public life."

Likewise:

"Donald J. Trump, who parlayed his New York real-estate empire and resulting reality-television career into a shocking election to the American presidency but saw his tenure mired in scandal and derailed by impeachment, died Monday at his resort in Palm Beach, Fla. He was 97.
    "Trump, like one of his predecessors, Bill Clinton, was easily acquitted of the corruption-dominated impeachment charges in a Senate populated with his partisans' control. But Democrats' fight to indict him in impeachment proceedings and Republicans' indignant response to clear him in the Senate trial shed a harsh light on the political divide that shot the entirely inexperienced and widely mocked politician into office in the first place and continued thereafter."

Vombatus likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

BTE-
    I've known men like Paulie my whole life.
    They told it like it was but were still respectful about it - not just apes waving their dicks around like the white trash that makes up the base.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Next, he'll sue for definition of character.

swingline likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.