1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Charm? The could have run this guy:
    [​IMG]

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

it's the Return of the Shaved Ape.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

A big edit? You think?

lakefront likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

I don't know if I ever put this one up.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Russians, Republicans, what's the difference?

UNCGrad likes this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, let's not forget that your Tories nearly elected Maxime Bernier to lead them, and he's a flat-out racist kook. Like, by a whisper, he was nearly the Conservative choice for leader. You might be a Red Tory, but there are plenty of Conservatives who are regressive fucksticks. That's why they get the roasting that they do. A tidy 49.05 percent of Conservatives wanted Bernier. You can try to make it out like it's a fringe element and it's unfair to paint Conservatives as racists or reactionaries, but there's plenty of substance to the argument that they're bad people who very nearly went for our very pale version of Trump to lead them.

Also, yes, Doug Ford is a stain on the province of Ontario, most people now know it, and he will suffer a historic defeat in the next election.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If I thought they were worse, I wouldn’t vote for them.

That said, a lot of Democrats are addicted to Trump. Utterly and hopelessly so. He completes them, as he is the manifestation of everything they imagined true about all of their enemies.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I respect and like you, but you really do have some bad, bizarre takes on Trump. If you don't think every single Democrat would choose for Trump not to be president, like, yesterday, I don't know what to tell you. They're not addicted to him. They're terrified of him. His removal from office, however it comes, will be followed by the greatest period of national (and international) relief since the end of World War II.

Like, he's president. The GOP made this guy president. What Democrats imagined true is actually true. He's not a figment. He's a terrible, shameful fact.

matt_garth and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

In Ontario, people were begging the PCs to give them any candidate they could possibly vote for. Anybody who could fog a mirror. Instead, the PCs trotted out milquetoast corpses like Tim Hudak and Patrick Brown, and the Liberals kept managing to hold on.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I believe both are true for many Democrats. They dearly want him out, while he has also ribboned into their consciousness in a strange and broken way that leaves them absorbed in his daily belchings.

Social media plays a unique role. We’ve never had this before. I don’t think we’re quite sure what we’ve all done to ourselves yet. I’m not sure Trump realizes what he’s done to himself on top of the horrible things he already was!

Terror? I can only speak for myself. I feel no terror of him.

If something is made manifest it is, indeed, real. Prior to Trump, I’m not sure Democrats could have named what it’d be, the purest form of Fox News mania. But, as it turns out, it’s not Dick Cheney or John Ashcroft. It’s this populist fool, who’d probably a Democrat on Thursdays if they kissed his rear end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.