1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There’s a big difference between a conservative and what is going on in Alberta now.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Robot Army, only with lamebrains

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

A vocal group of wingnuts does not equal Trump style politics. No credible politician and most Alberta conservatives have little time for Trump.

Easy sound bite tho.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You're trolling again.
    You carry water for a party that helps 1 percent of the people.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I disagree with little of this, except the popular vote line, which I think is a little out of scale. As you know, there are three centre or centre-left parties and one party on the right. My riding went Conservative with 38 percent of the vote. That means 62 percent voted against them. It’s just that it was split. Canada, with the exception of Alberta—the province that woke up on third base and thinks it hit a triple—is still solidly centrist. That relieves me. I think a minority Liberal government is probably the best possible result. It will keep Trudeau from indulging his worst impulses while also keeping Andrew fucking Scheer from being our PM.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like health care reform? Or a tax cut for the rich? Oh ...

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

38FCF90C-AF73-42F3-AA80-49A4A09A0028.jpeg

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

All you need to know.

Tennessee politician's comments on gays, white male rights draw mixed reaction

"We got a queer running for president if that ain't about as ugly as you can get," he said. "Look what we got running for president in the Democratic Party. We can go over here to Hoss's jail [Sevier County Sheriff] and get better people out of there than those running for Democratic to be President of the United States."

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Wow. This is so damn repulsive yet I know that there are plenty of people that agree with this stooge.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Always love pot shots at Alberta.

What province was it again who elected Doug Ford?

What province has a law on the books against public servants wearing turbans?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Trump’s team must expect some pretty damning testimony this week, possibly from Bill Taylor, and is trying to create distraction with the “lynching” tweet.

When a Trump tweet lacks spelling and grammar errors, my first suspicion is that someone else wrote it.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.