1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Hillary?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 4, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

For the love of God, don't let this woman win the nomination. I'll say what I said when W. ran. How likely is it that the best person for the job happens to be closely related to a former president?

I mean, just based on probability, it's not the best option.

Plus, there are far better candidates. We don't need another Clinton in the White House.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good to get that off your chest, was it?

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Heineken,

Elections have never been about the "best person for the job." At least not in my lifetime.

Sure, sometimes there are elections where it's an absolute no brainer, but those are few and far between. Elections are all popularity contests. That's it.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I didn't know Hillary was Bill's first cousin.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If elections were about the best person for the job, the second Bush never would have gotten elected. Not in the U.S. and not in Texas. Or Florida, for that matter.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Or even Crawford.

7. No.
    Next question.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

It's good to see some agreement on this one. I haven't followed her fledgling Senate career, and that's because I just don't give a rat's ass about Hillary Clinton.

If she runs, I don't think she wins. But she could draw a lot of the focus away from candidates who could win. I'm not sure whether I'm talking about Obama or Al Gore or some as yet undertermined candidate.

I'll say this and be done with it. The Clintons gave us eight years. After that, the country elected a Republican president. Now the country seems ready to put a Democratic president back in power. I'm not sure that throwing the old way of doing things on the table is the best way to convince the public that the Democratic party is better than it was in 2000. It's simply time to move forward. Plus, I'd hate to see the Monica thing back in the news. And don't forget that the Republican Party would sling Papa Clinton's handling of bin Laden into the ring. I'm ready for someone else. Maybe Jon Stewart? I think he's electable.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Problem there, is, Jon Stewart can't work without a script.

W can't, either, and we've seen how that turned out.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hillary Clinton will be incapable of being elected.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The fact that she has so much support among the "Democrat Party" elites shows how clueless those muh-fuhs are. It is my earnest hope that she does not get the nomination.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think many of your are being short sighted. Hillary has done a great job as a Senator and would bring a fresh perspective to White House. In many ways she would also bring a lot of experience.

I hope she runs.

Draft saved Draft deleted