1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not really. Because 1950s-era deductions would have to come, too. And back then you could deduct just about everything. Those 90% bracket folks were paying about a quarter to a third that much.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Gomez Addams is Donald Trump in the Apprentice

[​IMG]

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This waving of the the hand that Biden's slip ups aren't something to be discussed is bullshit. This is in no way in support of the other guy, who has his own problems, but an 80 year old doesn't get better.

5. justgladtobehere

And I would add, long term memory is what lasts.

6. justgladtobehere

A hugely complex and avoidable tax scheme isn't something we should aspire for.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Which is why we simplified things (but the only thing people noticed were TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH).

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Sure. Joe Biden has mental fumbles.

But he’s the vanilla inoffensive Democrat put out there in the hope of not offending the sane wing of the GOP, to give a reasonable alternative to voting for TFG.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Biden's always been a prolix gaffe-machine. Look at Trump's Larry King interviews circa 2000 and compare to today. Frightening.

franticscribe and matt_garth like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

everyone is teh bad so i have no choice but to vote for but not endorse donald trump

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Trump is the abusive boyfriend telling you, "you know you can't do any better." It's staggering how many are falling for it.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My daughter is with the school orchestra in DC this week (17 hours by bus!) and got to tour the Capitol. They were met by Rep. Steve Womack. He's a pretty milquetoast Chamber of Commerce GOPer. But her texts about him were pretty funny.

"His whole personality was 'I'm proud to be a Republican' not 'I'm proud to be an Arkansan.'"

"He tried to get Congressmen from Ohio and Alabama to speak to us too. They were all 'Bruh, no I'm in a hurry.' He seemed embarrassed."

"He kept calling the VP 'he' and 'his' even though the VP is a woman."

"He was a basic old white man."

But at least she got to see the new Daisy Bates and Johnny Cash statues.

Draft saved Draft deleted