1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The MAGATS are all having conniption fits over how undignified it is for s president to brag and honk his own horn

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jonathan Karl mentioned on "This Week" that while Trump won't be on the debate stage, the campaign team will be on deck in the spin room afterward. Hope they're wearing their dance shoes.

Asa Hutchinson met debate requirements, so he and Christie will be lobbing grenades at Trump. DeSantis pretty much has to. All of the R candidates are gauging whether attacking Trump costs them too much with the base. Some who hope to inherit Trump voters when his campaign implodes are not willing to take shots at him. OTOH, Trump is forty points up, and if they can't (as a group or individually) break through to the voters the race is going to be over before they get started.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The only hope we have is the GOP coalescing around somebody like Asa (a Chamber of Commerce GOPer) who isn’t afraid to be critical of Trump.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Low IQ Mork Meadows? Barely knew him.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I'm still a registered Republican (I didn't leave the party, the party left me). It doesn't matter how you're registered, you can vote for whomever you want. They somehow got my cellphone number and I get texts from them. Yesterday, it was Asa's people asking for a $1 contribution to his campaign fund.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Cultcultcultcultcult

matt_garth likes this.
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They could all say fuck the base. If none of them are going to get Trump's voters, the hell with them.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Low IQ voters.

Draft saved Draft deleted