1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This came across my feed this morning.

Watch til the end.

The payoff is more than worth it.

NSFW language fair warning

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, take the four minutes and listen to Tom's Famous Neighbor..

4. Machine Head

The article is no longer online, but an MSP alt weekly, City Pages, ran a piece about the breakup with the creator of DDD back in 2011.

The Mayor didn't come off well. Scraps of the piece are online. I'm sure he's grown past that part of his life.

I do think Anthony Bourdain went too far at times in his riffs on the Mayor.

I don't begrudge the Mayor his success, and he has done good works. Dude found his niche and works it well.

We'll watch his shows like TOC. DDD I gave up on, no offence to anyone. We still watch Chopped when GZ is on. Anyone watch the show with GZ and his wife?

Doesn't mean I have to be cool with him warmly chatting up a guy who 'Truthed' out the address of a political opponent and and a flying monkey believer with guns shows up.

But no pearl clutching, to be clear.

Top Chef is going to start filming a new season soon. I don't think Tom would welcome the Mayor as a guest judge.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well actually they do.

6. Machine Head

It's not about him.

He's not the name at the end of the clip.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Interesting thesis and projected follow on consequences. I find myself hoping that Trump's usual delay and foot dragging tactics save him from hand of Justice until Republican presidential politics are well and truly bolloxed up for the '24 election cycle.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

At least with the ones he's done in New England that I'm familiar with, it's like 50/50 - actually good places, vs. basically slop in a bucket style eateries.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know the district and I know it wasn't always like that. Maybe it is just too big for its own good. Maybe there is institutional rot that needs to be addressed. Having enough resources doesn't guarantee success, but not having enough certainly makes that incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Honest to God had never heard of Fieri. A benefit of not eating overpriced meals.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I know, I watched the clip to the end. But the point at first was that the celebrity senator neighbor, according to public image a refined and respectable proponent of public morality, seemed to be entirely comfortable with discussion of the term "mothetfucker," to the point he had parsed it out to specify whose mother was being fucked, then we get the sudden jump to "daughterfucker," the conclusion wss, "oh my god, that's beyond the pale, nobody refers to anybody as a daughterfucker..."

Except for pretty much one guy. And as the attached clip shows, while some of thr discussion of the pretty princess daughter's bouncy bodacious bod was typical dudebro talk show shit instigated by the hosts, much and probably most of it was enthusiastically echoed, expanded and elaborated upon by Big Daddy Fatfuck himself.

Nixon's daughters were ok looking in a 60s style. Susan Ford as well. Reagan's younger daughter was decent. The Bush twins were nice looking, But really no president or presidential candidate had ever in history been accused of inappropriate sexual interest or conduct toward their own daughters.

Until Fatfuck started going on radio and teevee talk shows to bring up the subject again and again. And again. He wasn't just ambushed once by some sneaky media snake.

Yes yes most of those appearances were before he became president or a serious candidate, but they weren't decades and decades ago. And there is a LOT of tape on the topic.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted