1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They did do plenty of that. They were all in favor of building missiles to carry bombs. Sending people or scientific probes into space, not so much.
    It wasn't until 1966-68 when Vietnam started going bad and the civil rights situation was boiling over that liberal hippie Dems started banging the drums that we needed to cut the NASA budget and spend the money on education, feeding the poor, etc etc. The GOP never had much interest in that shit.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Fair point.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

No, you spend too much time spreading contrarian shit about covid.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“Wanted in fourteen county's of this state. Condemned, as found guilty of the crimes of: murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices. The theft of sacred objects. Arson in a state prison. Perjury. Bigamy. Hurting his wife and children. Citing prostitution. Kidnapping. Extortion. Receiving stolen goods. Selling stolen goods. Passing counterfeit money. And contrary to the laws of this state the condemned is guilty of using marked cards... therefore according to the powers invested in us, we sentence the accused here before us: Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, and any other aliases he might have to hang by the neck until dead. God have mercy on his soul, proceed..."

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Wait. I'm a Boomer? Uhkay...

FWIW, a physician friend in the U.K. told me on February 15th things could get bad. We were stocked up and hunkered down by the first week of March.

I have a wish list of things I am going to do when it's safe(er.)

maumann likes this.
  8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The wording sounds familiar:

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.44.53 PM.png

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Donald Rapist Trump is no John Quincy Adams

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Fauci has said, repeatedly, that his early statements were to prevent a panic and that he has some regrets.

*Shrug*

Also, the generational thing is dumb and pointless because there's only one fixed pointed in the generational descriptors and that's Baby Boomer, as when soldiers got home from the war and started making babies with them being born from 1946 to roughly 1950, '51.

Everything after that is just made up with no consensus. So Gen X, when does it start? Who cares? It isn't real.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Point good very a is that.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I remain curious why so many are claiming the GQP is imploding. They have control of legislatures in PA, AZ, MI, GA and WI. Enough of those states will be able to enact voting restrictions that effectively swing any close election to their klan. A normal midterm election gives them control of both houses of Congress.
    Giving into crazy isn’t necessarily implosion.

Draft saved Draft deleted