1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Perfection

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Surprised the Democrats felt like they needed Obama to go to Georgia as a closer. I think Warnock will win comfortably.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Great Day for justice and common goddam sense ...
    1. 11th circuit slaps Trump down on the special master and tears a new one on the stooge judge he installed in Fort Pierce.
    2. Federal judge in Arizona tosses Cruella's suit and tells Dershowitz he's got a legal bill to pay.
    3. Kanye all but glorifying Hitler reminds everyone that Trump thinks Ye is a good guy. To me, Ye's comments on Jones' show were worse than Fuentes showing up at Mar-a-Maga.
    4. Gaetz' pedophile buddy in Orlando gets 11 years ... how before he joins him?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Plenty left around here to speak for them...

5. Neutral Corner

Lotsa Black folks, if they get out and vote.

6. Neutral Corner

If he somehow lost and Obama had not gone, the second guessing would have been enormous.

wicked likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

New Hampshire is such an accurate barometer of American demographics. Biden probably crushed the Black vote there in 2020 too, by an 8-3 margin.

Woody Long and sgreenwell like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A Democrat can't become President without strong support among black voters. Just ask Presidents Dukakis and Gore. You may as well figure that out in SC early in the process. Iowa never made much sense. It was important because it was first, not first because it was important.

dixiehack and justgladtobehere like this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Dixville Notch: Separate But Equal.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I can’t believe he’s still there. I remember Savidge doing radio drops back in the late 90s.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m not disagreeing with the idea of the move. Just saying that it could (although probably won’t, since southern NH anymore is an extension of Boston’s North Shore) backfire.

12. FloridaGator

FloridaGator Member

I don't know much about politics. But assuming what you wrote is true and Warnock will win comfortably, wouldn't this be like bringing in Mariano Rivera with a five-run lead in the ninth inning of Game 7? Why keep the setup guy in when you can turn to the Hall of Fame closer and leave no doubt?

Draft saved Draft deleted