1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President '08

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sheos, Sep 12, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK, I'm learning more than I thought I would people. Thanks for the scoop EStreet.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The sad thing is, it's not too soon to talk about 2008. You've got to start lining up the big money donors and sucking up to the big special interests early. That's one of the reasons the political system is so messed up now. The days of a decent guy with qualifications being able to get elected (Harry Truman, Jimmy Carter) are long, long gone.
    Whoever gets elected, I would like to see him (or her) be fairly honest and do what's best for the county, instead of just throwing red meat to the base. That's why I like McCain, Bayh and Obama and the thought of Hillary or George Allen getting the nomination disturbs me. Hell, I wanna hear McCain come out and say that he would have Karl Rove deported or Obama call the DailyKos.com crowd "a bunch of annoying liberal weenies".

3. Not too soon to talk about it.
    Far too soon to draw any conclusions.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

I just wonder if Giuliani has too much baggage to get elected. Before 9/11 -- and somewhat since -- I always got the impression he was a pretty slimy guy. Didn't he have all that ruckus with his ex-wife and mistress and crap like that? Granted, I'm looking at him from a distance (then again, in a national election, so are most people), but I don't know if he'll pass the smell test when it comes down to the scrutiny of a presidential campaign.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What hurts senators in presidential campaigns is they have this nasty litle thing called "voting records" that opponents can hammer away on. Governors don't.

But a Hillary vs. McCain would cancel that out.

Draft saved Draft deleted