1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presented Without Comment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not telling people they should vote for Bachmann. Hell, as a republican, there's virtually zero chance she'd get my vote.

My problem is that Rolling Stone has allowed someone who has spent the last several years spewing incredibly well-written hyperbole about the republican party to write a profile about a republican presidential candidate.

In the next issue of RS, Michelle Malkin profiles Michelle Obama...

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Seriously, if you want someone to go back and post a bunch of ignorant quotes from Obama that would not be very difficult. The fact of the matter is that Taibbi is a lefty and I doubt anyone reading the profile on Bachmann expected anything other than exactly what they read. I doubt that piece changed anyone's mind...it just made those on the left chuckle because, of course, they know she is a "lightweight dingbat" and those on the left shrug because, well, that's Taibbi being himself. It isn't like this profile will make one bit of difference either way. I think even the independents realize Taibbi is what he is...a gifted, brilliant writer who chooses to use his gifts to take a giant crap on people more often than not.

3. Mizzougrad96

I really agree with this. Bachmann can get the attention now, and Romney and Perry can get the attention a year from now.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

For Bush being such an idiot, Obama has continued a lot of his initiatives.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bush 43 graduated from Yale & Harvard Business School.

Al Gore flunked out of Divinity School and Law School.

Who does the media portray as the smarter, more learned individual?

Bush had better grades than John Kerry. Kerry went to B.C. Law School, despite doing his undergrad work at Yale. That's not an upward path.

Who did the media portray as more serious, more thoughtful, and educated candidate?

6. Mizzougrad96

Another great point.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Mizzou and Boom...do you realize you are trying to convince a board full of liberals that George W. Bush is smarter than ANYONE...and that this is the greatest exercise in futility you could ever take on? I have a nice brick wall if you want to come over and bang your heads against it.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why can't you just tell DoubleDown that the facts aren't in dispute and move on.

9. Mizzougrad96

I drew blood on that brick wall in 2008. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.