1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Preseason Heisman pick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Aug 16, 2012.

?

Preseason Heisman pick

1. Matt Barkley

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Montee Ball

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Denard Robinson

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Landry Jones

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. Geno Smith

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. Aaron Murray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Marcus Lattimore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. AJ McCarron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sammy Watkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. DeAnthony Thomas

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  11. Tyler Wilson

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  12. EJ Manuel

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  13. Eddie Lacy

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  14. Tajh Boyd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Go Geno go!!

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fixed.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

RGIII didn't win last year because some voter mindfuck robbed Luck. He won because he was freaking outstanding.

And, on the off chance it will leave me looking like a genius in four months: Collin Klein.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'm going with "The Field." Someone will come out of nowhere. Just don't have a good feeling for who it might be.

Sure, Barkley's the favorite. But he's certainly not a bigger favorite than Andrew Luck was last year.

As for Peyton Manning, the narrative with him not winning the Heisman was "he can't win the big game." He never beat Florida. He still has that reputation, even though he's won a Super Bowl.

Woodson had a big game against Ohio State, and that won him the Heisman. Same reason Desmond Howard won it in 1991.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Right. It wasn't because voters decided to be different and go in another direction just to be dipshits. I haven't heard anyone mention that Luck got ROBBED!!! Mainly because it's not true.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Manning > Danny Wuerffel

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

LSU's best offensive player didn't play a single snap on offense. And I don't think there's any comparison between Jordan Jefferson and Denard Robinson.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm not so sure. His competition is much weaker. Trent Richardson and LaMichael James had more hype entering last year than any of Barkley's competition.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Not to mention LSU's offense wasn't necessarily world-beaters last year. They did finish 86th in total offense.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Oz, are you attempting to call Jarrett Lee the best offensive player on LSU last year?

Will Blackwell, Alex Hurst, Rueben Randle, Spencer Ware, Michael Ford, Odell Beckham Jr., James Stampley, P.J. Lonergan, Chris Faulk, Deangelo Peterson and arguably Jordan Jefferson are offended.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Leading into the BCS game, I kept hearing all this stuff about LSU being one of the greatest SEC teams of all time. I was sort of suspicious, but I didn't expect them to get totally shut out, either.

Point is LSU has far superior all-around athletes to Michigan at most positions. Now, it's hard to predict if Alabama's defense will be as good as last year's. But they haven't had a really BAD defense in a while. I'm expecting something like a 20-6 game that isn't really as close as the score.

12. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Other: Collin Klein, QB, K-State

Draft saved Draft deleted