1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep writers and their strange, but true stories

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Duespayer, Dec 6, 2006.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Cheers, Ilk. This frosty Harp's for everyone out their paying their dues on the preps beat.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

If Irish isn't named All-SportsJournalists.com, or at the very least all-newbie, it's a crime. He's MVP material.

Writing Irish for Poster of the Year!

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Gentlemen, you are too kind. I am a mere role player...an occasional source of Henry Miller-ish humor. I rarely provide much in the way of serious journalistic or sports-related insight. Carry on...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I formally protest. I can produce copies of a 1986 Penthouse letter that is word-for-word copied in Irish's post, with the exception that it was about Katarina Witt. In an East German duplex. After a Holiday on Ice exhibition.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

I can't believe this softball went unhit.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Bingo. Just looking at this thread for the first time. That was my immediate thought.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your minds are so in the gutter.

Here we have a lovely tale of a crisp winter afternoon on the prairie with a championship wrestling team and some hookers and you ruin it with your middle school sniggering.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Who's sniggering who?

I always knew there was something going on between Jones and Ragu.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Man, if you were speaking pig Latin, you'd be in SO much trouble.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well that too...

11. One time, at journalism camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy. Oh wait, I mean in someone else's pussy. A hooker's pussy. Yeah, it was totally sweet.

12. Sportswriters have the most finely-tuned B.S. detectors on the planet. This jackoff never had a chance.

I actually got suspicious when he said he turned around. When I'm coming back from a prep event, with the time I've got before deadline, I'd drive straight through a nuclear cloud without so much as tapping the brake pedal.

Draft saved Draft deleted