1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Writer, Salt Lake Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jan 14, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Seconded.

2. the champ

the champ Member

Surprised there isn't more chatter about this opening. Anyone know anything more?

3. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

How bout an over/under on applications — I'll set it at 500.

4. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

I, too, am surprised that this posting hasn't generated more buzz on these boards...though that could be because everyone's busy getting their resumes and cover letters in order. This seems like one of the more desirable postings on this board in a while, especially for someone with a little experience who's looking to move up. The opportunity to cover not only high school sports, but dabble in some Jazz and University of Utah coverage as well definitely should draw some intrigue.
    While there certainly are some quirks about Utah, Salt Lake City definitely bucks most of those stereotypes. It's also a very clean city with just about anything anyone could ever want - and, hey, Las Vegas is only about six hours away if you're wanting something a little more, ahem, exciting.
    And, if you're looking for some beautiful country, it's pretty hard to top the Wasatch Front, and there's plenty of other outdoor treasures like Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef an easy day's drive away.
    I'm betting the Tribune will have its hands full sorting through all the applications on this one...that's got to be a pretty enviable position, one would think.

5. ETN814

ETN814 Member

They just did the first round of cuts, there was over 150 applications.

6. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

Good to know. I wonder how many applications made it past the first round of cuts. With that many to choose from, the Trib should get a pretty solid hire out of this.

7. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Were those cut notified, or were those who made it notified? Both, or neither?

And no, no, I'm not hired. Have a friend who hopes she is, though.

8. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

I think that's a pretty safe bet.

9. ETN814

ETN814 Member

Yep, those that made it were notified Monday.

10. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Damn. Thanks.

11. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

Guess those of us who don't have an e-mail from the Trib or a voicemail on our phones should take that as a sign. Oh well.

12. Gator_Hawks

Gator_Hawks Member

Draft saved Draft deleted