1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep writer at Seattle Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Shaggy, May 16, 2007.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

And chances are, unless you have a good source on that, you might be wrong. That's all I was saying.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm guessing i'm not. that's all i was sayin'.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Honestly, I don't know, I was just post-padding.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

They haven't done any interviews, phone or otherwise. There has been some weeding down of applications, but no actual movement yet (confirmed by two friends in the department).

Nice of you to guess, Tom, but not helpful.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

really? and what's your inside info?

and i stand by my original post.

6. azucar2442

azucar2442 New Member

I have heard right from the main source's mouth that they've cut down to 15 people. I don't know if they've started interviews yet, but they had well over 100 applications to slice through... If you haven't heard anything, you're probably boned...

7. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I heard this is down to five with interviews being conducted. Still a couple of weeks from a hire.

8. That's what I was told as well, wannabeu. And the list may actually be down to three.

9. Out of curiosity, what would a position like this pay?

10. GKNexLane

GKNexLane New Member

It must be fun to just guess and make stuff up. I know from reputable sources that they have not done anything past the list of 15.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

To play devil's advocate, how do we know your "reputable sources" aren't bullshit?

12. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the "reputable source" is himself/herself.

Draft saved Draft deleted