1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prep Reporter: Opelika-Auburn News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mike Szvetitz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They hired the guy who poisoned the trees.

This is what is known as community service.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, Drip? They didn't hire Tyler Dunne. Search for his name on this site and you'll see (I think) why his name was brought up...

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

uh. Ok. I see. LOL

4. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I don't think so. 1. Mike wouldn't have gone through the trouble of emailing everyone that he received their stuff and emailing them once it was filled. 2. I called at one point and he said he was conducting interviews through the remainder of the week and would make a decision over the weekend. On I think Tuesday I got the email saying it was filled.

5. Rawbot

Rawbot Member

I heard Jason Galloway got this one. He just graduated from Bama and was the sports editor for the Crimson White.

6. Jason Galloway

Jason Galloway New Member

He did. :D I start Monday.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

A Bama grad in Auburn land? Never met Jason and I'm sure he's a good guy. The irony of it just makes me chuckle. (So would a Buckeye working at the Ann Arbor News.)

8. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

As one former Crimson White alum to another, congrats. Grand National is one helluva of a golf course.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mike Kersmarki....

10. Tim Stephens

Tim Stephens Member

Congrats to Jason.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Jason! Just don't burn down the tree and you'll be all right.

Draft saved Draft deleted