1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

prep fb winning streaks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Aug 21, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going for subtle. 'Preciate you throwing that out the window ... :)

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I believe Onondaga (Mike Hart's alma) had a 43-game streak going in 2004. They won five after he graduated before beated by eventual state champion Weedsport. [/prepsportsloser]

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Leon-Bluestem has Kansas' longest current streak, something around 65 games. My understanding is that they open the season against a team moving up from eight-man....and the former eight-man team is the overwhelming favorite.

I remember that Ensign had a long, long losing streak. I think it was over 80- games. I'm not sure if it managed to win before it was shut down and merged with Cimarron.

4. WS

WS Member

Paul W. Bryant HS in Tuscaloosa isn't doing its namesake proud, with the current longest losing streak in the state of Alabama at 16

The principal there is this witch that was a teacher of mine in middle school, and she's the main reason that the football program is in shambles.

5. jps

jps Active Member

sorry, but how does a principal create a losing streak spanning two seasons? maybe they're just no good. possible?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow. just when did SportsJournalists.com become a place to grind axes?

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Tomas, I want some of what you have that makes you think Zillah is the biggest HS in the state :)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, maybe they are adding a little something to that zillah teapot ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. jps

jps Active Member

since reporter1 joined the other day.
    ;)
    (gosh I hope he doesn't find this and report me to 'Moderator.' who is that, anyway? I wonder if he means old moddy ... he's kind of a strange old hermit.)

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

The special herbal tea. I bet they could have beat my school in football though, we were horrible.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i love how all the threads i start go waaaayyyy off topic by the second page. and i'm being serious, dammit.

12. jps

jps Active Member

this is page 3, tomas.

Draft saved Draft deleted