1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predict where the Dow Jones will end up on 12/31

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Oct 3, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm going 14,800.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm going with 14,014.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. The Bears are hunting...13100, but we will see some vicious volatility very soon. First part of next year, the price in for the next administration will start. Countrywide...going to zero. Sub Prime woes will start filtering into the Prime market and Countrywide has its pants down and its full credit line tapped.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I thought Countrywide already went under?

6. they tapped an open credit line and received an infusion of cash from Bank of America that will keep them solvent for six months, however, if some of the Prime loans that took 3- and 5-1 ARMS come due for interest adjustment, the can kiss that credit line goodbye. BOA is positioing itself to scoop up Countrywide's good loans as credit payback

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm not that optimistic, but an old broker who I chat with on another board is pretty certain things will be pretty good the rest of the year.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

13,927. Word.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'll bid 14,420, Bob [/stoner guy on the Price is Right]

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It will climb to about 14,700 before a round of December profit-taking and settle around 14,200 by Jan. 1.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, folks: looks like you should be getting your stock tips from one EStreetJoe, who predicted within 5 points where the Dow ended on 12/31. Yes, that’s correct: 5 points. 5 fricking points. And just for comparison purposes, only 2 others came within 500 points of the year end close. While EStreet ponders a potential career on Wall Street and muses about the six figure bonuses he may have left behind, the rest of us hope he throws us a frickin’ bone with a investment offering or two.

And be careful if Simon Cowbell, NoOneLikeUS or KYSportswriter stop by and offer you investment advice or a hot, can’t miss stock. You have been forewarned.

KYSportswriter 11,835
    ArmchairQB 12,069
    Captain Kirk 12,689
    John 13,000
    Gandhithegreat 13,100

DJIA 12/31 13,264
    EStreetJoe 13,269

Expendable 13,767
    Diabeetus 13,927
    Markvid 14,000
    Angola 14,014
    Pastor 14,200
    Cranberry 14,200
    Songbird 14,414
    old tony 14,420
    Big Dog 14,458
    Simon Cowbell 15,012
    NoOneLikesUs 15,400

If anyone wants to take a run at where the Dow Jones closes at the end of March, have at it and I’ll keep the tallies.

Draft saved Draft deleted