1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Season NFL Talk, Take 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 10, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He IS the greedy one. Jesus. The Jets offered $120 million and that's not enough for a guy who's had two good years? C'mon.

Although, it's all about guaranteed money, and I'm not very familiar with how much of that was in the $120 million offer, so it's possible the Jets could be the assholes in the situation. I mean, really, they're both assholes.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Jets are going to finish behind themselves?

(I know, you mean the Pats, but I couldn't resist).

I'm guessing Ryan thinks that the players will all be pressuring Revis, like, "Come on Darrelle, sign, we need you in camp."

But it could backfire, and the players could all be thinking, "Take them for every damn penny you can."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My guess is this players know it's all business and have no problem with what Revis is doing. I'd bet they actually want the Jets to pony up so they can get their guy back.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The Saints lost Pierre Thomas a few days recently with a wrist injury, and yesterday got news that short-yardage back and Super Bowl TD scorer Lynell Hamilton is out with ACL tear

http://otrsportsonline.com/2010/08/11/hamilton-out-for-the-year/

Gotta adjust to the injuries and find adequate replacements or settle for mediocrity

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Trust won't matter a bit when--not if, when--the Jets pony up. Emmitt Smith and Jerry Jones were bitterly at odds in 1993. If I recall correctly, didn't Emmitt "write" in his book that he thought there was some subtle racism behind the terribly tense negotiations? Now Emmitt's in the Ring of Honor. Nobody gives a shit on either end about what happened in 1993. It's business and they're better off together than apart. Yawn, rinse, wash, repeat, tune in Wednesdays.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

And as of tonight, both sides agree all future negotiations between the Jets and Revis will be strictly confidential and neither side will make a public statement.
    Perfect -- Rex makes an ass of himself (as usual) on the first episode of Hard Knocks and now the Revis negotiations become top secret.
    HBO is loving this shit. Rex is loving the attention and Revis is gonna love the freaking money he gets.

BTW, after cursing up a storm on last night's show, Rex got a call from his mother chastising him for his foul language. So Rex issued one of the greatest apologies of all time:

"It just happens sometimes. I'm sorry if I offended more people than I usually offend."

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If you don't like Rex Ryan, esp after watching Hard Knocks, you have no sense of humor. Or soul.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I cannot wait for the Jets to just kick the hell out of the Pats this season - twice.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

93, I am not a Pats fan (Eagles my team, sigh), but I would bet a reasonable sum the Pats sweep the Jets, and a large sum the Jets will not beat the Pats twice. I just don't get the Jets love. They are an OK team that played great ball in the playoffs, then made some VERY questionable personnel moves and have their best player holding out. That doesn't equal division title to me.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/01/10/brady_patriots_overwhelmed_by_ravens/

The Pats are 4-5 in their last nine.

Plus, the Jets will be able to run the ball on everyone, and if you can do that...

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Watched the first episode this morning. Rex was great. He's certainly his father's son.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Jets have to replace Faneca up front. Shonn Greene still has to prove he can last even a month as a No. 1 back, much less an entire season. All they really have behind him is the remains of LaDainian Tomlinson. Letting Thomas Jones go was a mistake. There is a very strong possibility that the running game will not be as good as it was a year ago.

The Jets could more than make up for that if Sanchez takes a step forward. Santonio Holmes should be a big help after his suspension is over. He's a jackass, but the guy can play.

Assuming they can get Revis back in time for the season, Sanchez is the key.

Draft saved Draft deleted