1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-emptive strike: Who's had a layover in Cincinnati/Covington airport?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jul 23, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

About 15 years ago, as a young, dumb country boy from central Alabama on his first long trip, we had to reroute through Cincy because of fog in Montgomery early that morning. It was there where I encountered my first moving walkway, an interesting machine. You could walk really fast on those things. Until you didn't account for that sudden decrease in velocity when you step off.

Yep, flat on my face. Right in the middle of a crowded airport.

You could go there and make fun of me.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or, you could use the time to search for a new avatar.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tell everyone in listening distance that you're Carson Palmer's sister. Entertaining conversation certainly to ensue.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

some of the best chicken wings i've ever had were at a bar -- you can eat, can't you? -- at this port. i will try to remember.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Will they be serving anything other than Croissanwiches at 8 a.m.?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Coffee,

No pics, I'm sorry to report. But you can imagine it. A wide-eyed country bumpkin staring at the big, pretty lights. The 5-6, 130-pound high schooler steps off the moving walkway and face-plants.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You'll be bored stiff. I know you're the president of the Atlanta Airport Sucks Foundation, but at least that place has diversions.

For a two and a half hour layover, read the Cincinnati Enquirer. Then for the other two hours and twenty-six minutes...

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I guess I'm doublechecking my iPod is loaded and charged...

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

BK will have Cinnaminis, which are to die for.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid question that i can't answer.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn, IJAG. If I didn't have a dental appointment at 9, I'd come out and be company. On the other hand, how 'bout a scavenger hunt? The airport chief admin, Ted Bushelman, has this geeky little pencil mustache that has amused me for years. BRING ME THE MUSTACHE OF TED BUSHELMAN!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted