1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My dad had a stroke three years ago, and I only thought the worst. You can't do that.

Keep your head high, sir. Everything will be fine.

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

My mon was really sick with heart problems last year (2006). She is doing better now, so hope and prayers are important.

Good luck

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Like others have said, your mother seems like one tough lady. She'll get through this.

4. Mira

Mira Member

Besides her strong will, your mom's got you in her corner, so she's bound to get through this.

My pop has had two heart attacks and had a defib and pacemaker installed, and he's doing well. He's got to be as strong as your mom. She'll be fine.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My father's been in the hospital for most of the last 2 months (he's in now and I'm writing this from his room). Hang in there, do your best to stay positive and, speaking from experience here, try to do something to clear your head, even if it's just for a few minutes, every day. Worrying is natural (and I'm the queen of it) but as a wise person pointed out to me, worrying isn't going to make my dad (or your mom) better.

6. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Thanks for letting us know this KY. Sometimes there isn't much a person can do in these times BUT pray and have faith. We can all join in that.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Thanks guys and gals. I really do appreciate it. I'll post an update later on. Right now i'm going to do something to help clear my mind: go to church and spend the next few hours with my youth group.

8. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Excellent choice.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Best wishes for you and your mom, KY.

She's lucky, though. Not everyone who is sick has someone who cares for them and loves them.

Stay strong.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Best wishes and lots of prayers heading your way, KY.

11. rallen13

rallen13 Member

I see you believe in the power of prayer. You and your Mom will be winners. Never doubt it for a moment.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sorry for the long overdue update, but she came home Tuesday afternoon. She had a touch of pneumonia, took some Excedrin the night before, and apparently she's allergic to whatever is in that. That increased her heart rate to over 160 and she had trouble breathing.

But she's much better now.

Thanks guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted